View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Dec 19, 2016 at 08:39 PM

[
Quote:
*]When you think of yourself, aside from SPD, what stands out? The "three words to describe yourself" type thing.
Funny, quiet, sarcastic.

Quote:
[*]Can you remember a time before onset, or do you think it's always been there?
Yes up until about the last 10 years I was probably not SPD. I was outgoing and read books like "how to make friends" and such.

Quote:
[*]What do others see? What have they observed? What do they like?
Many think I am weird. But most people think I am funny and like to talk to me. It is mostly me that rejects people over and over again by not doing what they say and not going out with them or looking pained if I do have to go out with them. They end up confused as to why I seem like such a good person and someone they want to get to know but *I* keep telling them I don't want to get to know them.

Quote:
[*]Which pieces of SPD or your respective individual personality have given you the biggest hardships/problems/stressors socially or otherwise? Which have given advantages?
The biggest hardship comes from the idea that I don't care what others think I am willing to live my life on my terms and am unaffected by typical worldly pressures that control most other people. I find it funny that as a child we were always told not to give into peer pressure but as an adult that is a key bonding activity. I believe I gain an advantage by not being really affected too much but a lot.

Quote:
[[*]What pieces of you contradict your SPD dx?
Mostly well regarded and people are drawn to me. I am considered funny in a positive "Sandra Bullock" way.

Quote:
[*]What do you like to do? If you work, what is your job?
I like to watch good tv, I like to watch good movies, I like to do DIY home projects. I work as an attorney, can you believe that? Lots of involvement with others. But a very toxic work environment which probably has turned me SPD.

Quote:
[*]Do you care that you're different? Do you wish you didn't have SPD?
I do recognize it is a problem and I do recognize that that I would like to go back... but I also feel like what I am right now it a direct result of experience and therefore I don't think it will ever happen and I can't really care. I do feel in someways there is nothing wrong with me.

Quote:
[*]Growing up (or presently), did you feel a need to be individual, or a greater desire for conformity? Or did you not care about one way or another?
Before now I had a greater desire for conformity but I had hope back then it would make a difference. But now I see it won't so as the great Frank Sinatra said "I want to do it my way"

Quote:
[*]What do you want to improve?
Finding good friends and not being considered such an outcast.

Quote:
[*]What makes you want to table-flip? [/LIST]
People who walk in front of me too slowly because they are looking at their phones.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote