View Single Post
qwerty68
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2016
418 hugs
given
Default Dec 27, 2016 at 03:20 AM

I understand the feeling and I don't think it is uncommon. I am not on SSDI, but have a total and permanent rating from the VA. That means no future exams. They are simply done with me because they believe I have no chance of improving. Getting that rating in mental health is pretty rare because improvement is usually expected and a 100% MH rating without it being permanent is uncommon also.

That hit me really hard when I got the notice last Spring and am still trying to climb out of the funk. I lost most of my motivation and have had a lot of bad depression episodes since then. Things are slowly coming back with a ton of effort but in the back of my head there is always 'why bother?'

One way to look at it is that they won't be bothering you for a long while. Those types of exams are stressful and not knowing if they are going to take it back. With SSDI, you either are or are not disabled. They don't use the % system that the VA uses for some reason.

Thanks for this!
Nobodyandnothing