View Single Post
bfralex

Member Since Dec 2016
5 hugs
given
Default Dec 28, 2016 at 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
Has anyone ever changed insurances while going to therapy? If so did your T adjust what they charged you or did the cost per session that you were charged stay the same?
When I first started with current T I was under insurance, that my T took but I still had to pay the difference. I now have new insurance that I pay a copay per session . However that copay is less than the difference between what t charges and what insurance pays her. My T says I have to pay that difference because we initially agreed upon that amount when I first started . I contend that I only pay the copay.
I had to...basically it's a pain in the butt. I basically had to finish paying what I owed to my old insurance (which was less than my new insurance), there was a change over month where my old insurance ended (no longer paying costs) and there was a grace period before my new insurance started. (basically I paid my old insurance at the beginning of the month, then the rest of the month I didn't pay, and the new insurance started upon the first payment the next month)
bfralex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote