Sarmas
Grand Member

Member Since Apr 2016
712 hugs
given
Default Dec 29, 2016 at 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monalisasmile View Post
I guess my t has to know I like her. She tells me she likes me but I have never said I liked her. I never said I hated her either, I proclaim indifference and I do that when someone matters. It hurts so much because I want to tell them how much they mean but the words won't come out. I always end up pushing ts away or accusing them of something until they terminate. I have ghosted a few and not given them a chance to explain. I can feel the same situation happening again with my t. I didn't cancel my next session but I am strongly feeling that I should just not show up and ignore her calls. I have never not shown up for therapy with her but I have done this with my other ts. I would appreciate any feedback. I realise I can be quite defensive around my t and I am in the process of dropping that. I want to tell her I am so mad at her, I want to tell her not to be so mean to me.
I am interested in hearing any advice on how others dealt with these strong feelings?
I addressed issues with my T via email or text. She preferred for it to be done in person and she wouldn't have a huge discussion over text. According to her there could be misinterpretations or a miscommunication via text or email as opposed to in session. I'm the type of person to process things after my session and I develop thoughts then. Then I hate to address it in a week. I feel that it's better to address while its fresh. Again everyone handles things differently and certain Ts have certain rules. Eventually the handling things via email and text didn't go well at all. She then thought that I on purpose waited to address things via email and form an attack where she couldn't defense herself. It was nothing like that and I wouldve gained nothing from doing so. The last thing I would've wanted to do is to destroy my therapeutic relationship and upset her.
Sarmas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight