View Single Post
Anonymous81711

Default Nov 11, 2007 at 04:11 PM

Hi Jaune,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I am currently twenty weeks in as of this coming monday, and boy I feel for you because emotionally I am all over the place.

I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Panic Disorder, and Borderline Personality Disorder and was on meds before I got pregnant, so I am not entirely sure if it is the fact that I am unmedicated right now or the pregnant hormones, but it certainly is possible that the reason you are feeling depressed right now is the pregnancy hormones and changes your body has been going through.

Think about puberty, which throws emotions all over the place too - a time when alot of hormones are fluctuating and can change on a whim. Pregnancy does that too in that your hormones can be all over the place for a little while.

I've been struggling with worry and anxiety, and just the past short while, a weird sort of depressed and empty feeling that seems very pervasive under everything else.

As for what you can do about it, you may want to ask your doc to refer you to a pregnancy psychiatrist or therapist that can help you sort out what you are feeling. And keep coming here and letting us support you!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote