View Single Post
ptsdlmw

Member Since Jan 2017
2 hugs
given
Default Jan 04, 2017 at 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezbut View Post
I am sorry to hear all that you've gone through recently ~ and without much support from others. I'm sure that wasn't easy at all.

Have you worked with a T at all? You certainly need emotional support. Perhaps there are support groups of some kind that meet in your area? Like: Anxiety support? Perhaps as time passes, you will feel more comfortable sharing some of your own personal experiences with the group or a couple of the members that you "click" with. Then, friendships are born and you're no longer alone in this new state.

It does take a little bit of an initial reach out from you ~ but it's worth every effort! I'd be happy to join your list of friends, but I live several states away from NY. *sigh* Gentle hugs sent your way....
Yes, thanks, I am in EMDR therapy b/c of the trauma. It's helping a lot and she does talk therapy too. I started looking for a support group and found one for trauma and apparently, there is no interest and the group isn't happening. Maybe anxiety would be easier to find. I'm also starting to reach out locally to do "meet-ups" with people with similar interests (dogs, hiking, new to the area, etc.) This was my therapist's suggestion. I'm going to try going to yoga again too. Baby steps.
ptsdlmw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
gothicpear, shezbut