View Single Post
Lost_in_the_woods
Grand Poohbah
Community Liaison

Member Since Dec 2013
2,917 hugs
given
Default Jan 09, 2017 at 05:12 AM

There are sugar free zero calorie sodas. I can't personally stand the taste of diet soda so I do not know what these are like. But If you like soda but want to cut sugar and calories that's an alternative!...also sugar its self is not terribly high in calories especially if you use raw organic sugar. Most sodas are made with corn syrup now instead of cane sugar. Corn is a starch and corn syrup is a complex sugar because it is,derived from a starch. It is harder for your body to break down and it tends to get stored as fat rather than burning out as well as a simple sugar does. If you go the tea route either green or black..green actually has more caffeine if I am rembering correctly. I know it is a lot higher in caffeine than is generally believed...honey is a great alternative to sugar. Preferably raw honey from somewhere local is best..because you get the added benefit of resistance to pollen allergens in your area as,well as immune support
Hope this is helpful and if I am remembering inaccurately please feel free to correct me!
- LITW

"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep"
Lost_in_the_woods is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote