View Single Post
BipolaRNurse
Neurodivergent

Member Since Mar 2012
3,864 hugs
given
Default Feb 11, 2017 at 05:24 PM

I have had that unlovely situation happen a couple of times. Once I was registering for a thyroid test (my pdoc was curious to see if an imbalance was causing my symptoms) and he'd put "bipolar disorder" as the reason for the testing. The gal who was inputting the orders in the computer was friendly to start with, but the instant she saw my diagnosis she suddenly went silent and didn't speak again until she was done, and then she was curt and obviously wanted me out of her office ASAP. What did she think I was going to do---get violent and throw things at her? Give me a break!

Another time I went to urgent care to have a broken toe looked at. Instead, the doctor wanted to go over my psych history and medications rather than talk about the toe. I was lucky to have it X-rayed. I also got "the look" when he asked me what kind of painkiller I wanted and I said Percocet. Well, Vicodin doesn't help and it makes me stupid on top of that...only Percocet works. But it's hard to explain that when the doc already had an impression of me as a flake and maybe a drug-seeker too.

Mild cognitive impairment

RX:
Celexa 20 mg
Gabapentin 1200 mg
Geodon 40 mg AM, 60 mg PM
Klonopin 0.5 mg PRN
Lamictal 500 mg
Levothyroxine 125 mcg (rx'd for depression)
Trazodone 150 mg
Zyprexa 7.5 mg

Please come visit me @ http://bpnurse.com
BipolaRNurse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous59125, bizi, Fuzzybear, HopeForChange, Innerzone, MtnTime2896, still_crazy

Thanks for this!
HopeForChange, Ripose, still_crazy