View Single Post
Lila Lockhart

Member Since Feb 2017
17 hugs
given
Default Feb 13, 2017 at 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artchic528 View Post
People just show romance in different ways. Just because he doesn't do romance the way you do doesn't mean it's not there at all. Maybe ask for a compromise. Do a little of each other's way of showing affection?
Thank you for the suggestion. I might discuss it if I find a good opportunity. I don't want him to feel guilty about it. I understand he has a very different communication style to myself, and that's not inherently a bad thing.

I think he expresses his just through respect, through having me around, occasional unexpected gifts, and sometimes there are gestures which don't seem like it at first - but when he explains himself, it becomes apparent he was doing something because he cares a lot. It's all quite subtle, but I do see it. I guess it just sometimes feels a bit awkward when the more overt romance that I express isn't reciprocated. But mostly I need to remind myself that it's not because he doesn't care, it's just a different communication style.

I don't really expect a solution. But I am curious as to how others may have approached such situations.

Four for Mykrm, the hammer of his law…
Five for Oyan of the ash-stained leaf…
Six for Thaliszar and the healing hand…”

(R. Lee Smith, The Last Hour of Gann)