View Single Post
imtrying

Member Since May 2014
18 hugs
given
Default Feb 20, 2017 at 08:40 PM

For a few days last week I felt exactly the same. It's horrible, absolutely horrible. Just like you I hadn't been that anxious for years. First, remember it is temporary and will go away. I don't know if what I did was the correct thing to do or if it would work for anyone else. Not to overstate the obvious, if your doctor has given you a prescription for Xanax or something similar, usually one. (I get not expect ) My anxiety triggers may not be the same as yours. I did a couple of things to reduce the anxiety. I cooled myself down by taking short, cold (not so cold it's uncomfortable) showers; if I wanted to cry, I did; I didn't pretend everything I was okay; I didn't "make" myself do anything that I "should" be doing; I put all decisions on hold; I asked my boyfriend to stop talking (he was shocked but understood); I avoided anything that would upset me or make me sad, including reading, watching or discussing anything even remotely political; avoiding crime stories and some of my more obvious relatives; gave myself permission to ignore household chores and errands; and followed my Nana's cure for anything: bosses from hell, unfaithful boyfriends, car trouble, and nervous ailments of all kinds: a hot cup of tea and two aspirins (or OTC pain reliever of you choice. I'll be frank, it wasn't easy. I thought I would lose my mind completely.Take care.

Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack, a crack in everything.
That’s how the light gets in. — Leonard Cohen
imtrying is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Laurie*

Thanks for this!
*Laurie*, usehername