View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
10.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2017 at 06:49 PM

It is a little scary. But if you need it, it's the best. It has the highest efficacy of any AP. I tried to be honest about some things I didn't know before I was on it; I hope I didn't scare you. The white blood count issues are very rare and after the first few months not likely at all. The US had a very hard time deciding to approve the med (works great but don't want sued type of thing) and so they make sure the blood is monitored. But it's unlikely as are cardiac side effects or much of anything but nuisance issues.

I would not take it if there is anything that you haven't tried yet but if you've tried everything it is much better than nothing. In some ways it has been easier for me than Seroquel was; my cholesterol is lower, my sleep is generally better although I do need a lot of it, my anxiety is better, etc.

So I guess I'm saying that I believe it should be used as a last resort, which is how it is approved and even the webpage for clozaril says it is a last resort drug. But if you need a last resort it is very worthwhile to try it.