View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,422 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 01, 2017 at 04:42 AM

I seem to be sliding down into self-neglect. This is odd because I don't really feel blue. I am having the hardest time making myself brush my teeth. I badly need a haircut. I go out and run errands, looking pretty unkempt. I don't have my usual good appetite and have lost about 5 pounds in the last month or so.

There's nothing medical wrong with me. I see my doctor regularly. (I have chronic aches and pains, which Vicodin eases up effectively.)

Most of the time, I don't feel depressed, especially. I just feel apathetic. I'm wearing the same clothes day after day. I've been showering pretty well, every few days. Brushing my teeth is very hard.

I am busy everyday as caretaker to my chronically disabled boyfriend. I have help. It's not that hard. He's usually nice enough to me.

If I could just go get a haircut tomorrow, I think that would help a lot.

It seems like the main thing I look forward to is how good I feel for a few hours after taking a pain pill. And I have one glass of wine with supper in the evening, which makes me feel better for a while.

I have a mountain of unopened mail. I will lose an important benefit, if I don't get paperwork done soon. I'm neglecting myself and my affairs, and it feels like it doesn't matter.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Laurie*, Anonymous32451, Anonymous48850, Anonymous55397, Anonymous57777, bornunderabadsign, Fuzzybear, Marla500, MtnTime2896, newday2020, Smileonmyface, unaluna