Clara22
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2013
5,526 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 01, 2017 at 10:06 AM

Hi Rose,
I am not sure where is the line between depression and non depression regarding self neglect of myself. I have neglected myself for years. In my case, I think it is because of my education (i was trained to postpone my needs on behalf of other people's needs) and my low self esteem or self-love as I was raised by a narcissistic/ emotionally unavailable person. But there may be other factors, as well, including constitutional traits (things that originate in biological conditions). I really don't know but I am deeply deeply like this and it is like it happens with addictions: it will be always with me, I have to manage it.
Whatever the case, my self-neglect get worse during depression.
To me, the first thing is to get out of my house, and if possible out of my city for a couple of days. In this way, I get to break the cycle of spiraling down and down about self neglect. I have to do it before it is too late and I really sink in.
I don't know if this is useful for you. Maybe it is not.
Sending you a big hug.

Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out. Vaclav Havel
Clara22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
crimsoncat

Thanks for this!
Rose76, speckofdust