Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2015
217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 02, 2017 at 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skies View Post
Actually, being 'addicted to' kindness can have a really bad fate. A person could give away all their money and belongings and be destitute. That old saying "too much of a good thing...." is wise.

From what you write here, your therapist sounded really professional and safe when you first disclosed your feelings for him.

But the line from the quote above really creeped me out the first time you posted it here. It still creeps me out. That combined with his telling you he wants to be with you but can't be.

As a side note, clinical people who become directors of centers or programs etc seem to be those who can't work with patients due to patient harm or liability- incompetency, malpractice, ethics, etc. None of us could possibly know if this is the case with your therapist, but I'd consider it when trying to make a decision.

I don't know what else to say, except keep talking with your therapist about it. Interesting he says what your therapist is doing is wrong. Could you record a session and play it for your therapist?

Other than that, the thoughts that popped into my mind are about his possibly indulging you then shutting you off--that throws you off balance and promotes addictive behavior. It could be a coincidence or only your reaction, but it is something that could also be done intentionally and easily.

Wish I could be more helpful. Sorry you are struggling so much.
Really appreciate the feedback. He WAS totally appropriate when I first told him about this. Totally. I looked back through my email--the first time I actually admitted my attracted to him was the end of April last year. I couldn't get the words out in session so eventually I just emailed him. His response was kind and appropriate and just like "It's OK. It's normal and you're brave to share this and you and I are OK and it's all OK."

I don't know what the f--- happened!
ramonajones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AmandaBroken, LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
AmandaBroken