View Single Post
MessyD

Member Since Jan 2017
122 hugs
given
Default Mar 03, 2017 at 01:07 AM

Just general wondering, my therapist seems to think I tend to minimize things, but I just don't like to make a big deal out of little things, knowing I can be pretty sensitive. So how do I know what I need to talk about in session? I know I have no trauma or anything major that has happened and I know everyone has little or bigger things that might have affected them in life, I just can't tell which ones are the important ones. I compare myself with others a lot so almost everything seems like it's not a big deal cause there are so many people that had worse thing happening to them so I feel that I might sound ridiculous if I mention something that has scared me when I was a child since nothing bad actually happened. I just though it might at that time but I managed to escape the situation. I think it was little disturbing but the fact that it was someone smaller than me involved (although accompanied by someone older) makes me feel embarrassed that I didn't really try to defend myself. And I'm not really sure this one incident has affected me in any way although I have been thinking about it for a long time but probably just because of digging in my past through therapy. I don't know if I'm just looking for things to explain why I'm as weird as I am.
MessyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
thesnowqueen, Yours_Truly