bronzeowl
Poohbah

bronzeowl has no updates.

10 yr Member
287 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 05, 2017 at 12:04 PM

I've been diagnosed with both avoidant personality disorder and dependent personality disorder at different times. I used to think the former was more accurate, but the more I reflect on myself, I wonder if the latter is, actually, accurate.

I've been unable to find a good DPD support group. I have tried Facebook, I've tried Googling it, I've tried other forums, but nothing turns up. Weirdly, it's easier to find AvPD support groups. You'd think it would be the other way around, seeing as though those of us with AvPD tend to well, avoid.

I feel like my AvPD groups don't "get" the DPD aspect of myself, though. Most of them avoid relationships, and so don't understand the feeling of need I get when I'm in one. I avoided relationships for a long time, too, but as I reflect I wonder if my previous person I depended upon was my mom. I used to fear losing her as much as I currently fear losing my partner.

I was just hoping to find a group of people who struggle with it, too, so was hoping maybe a few of you were active here.

and your soulmate kissing your forehead
when he thinks you're sound asleep

OSFED|MDD/PPD|GAD|gender dysphoria|AvPD
bronzeowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TunedOut

Thanks for this!
gothicpear