View Single Post
lv10

Member Since Mar 2017
2 hugs
given
Default Mar 06, 2017 at 06:44 PM

I married my wife about a year ago and we had a baby 9 weeks ago. Unfortunately my wife had a very difficult pregnancy and she almost died giving birth (post c-section hemorrhage). She has Bipolar 2 with Rapid Cycle and mixmania. After birth she's been experiencing post-partum depression and that I believe has thrown her bipolar out of wack. She's tried different treatments since she was diagnosed with partial, temporary or no success. She is also considered treatment resistant and we are currently waiting to try Ketamine treatments.

I'm posting here because I feel powerless. I don't know how to help anymore, she barely leaves the house, goes to bed in the morning, she hasn't been able to take care of the baby, and wakes up late in the evening/afternoon in what she describes in a mixmanic state. She constantly fights with me about what I did, could have done or will possible do in the future. She is paranoid about me cheating on her and believes that I've lied to her. I'm going to school, working(from home), taking care of her, and taking care of the baby. She doesn't believe I love her (on an off) and she thinks that I'm with her for other reasons that love. Also, during the mixmanic episodes she suicidal thoughts and a few times has become violent (physically).

I'm trying very hard to keep my cool and be there for her. I giving 110% to help and while I logically understand that when she is mixmanic it's not her but the illness who's talking, however sometimes it's too much. Sometimes, I react by getting upset to her accusations and having to go over what has been discussed and argued already. I'm also very stressed taking care of the baby alone only gives at most 4-5 hours /night of sleep, in addition to having to perform 100% at work and school.

Going to the dr has become impossible and going to a hospital she thinks it wouldn't help. So i'm here because I don't know what to do anymore, I feel sad and completely powerless. Does anyone has suggestions?
lv10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BlueEyedMama, Rose76, Skeezyks