View Single Post
reb569
Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2017
297 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 12, 2017 at 05:42 AM

I've taken a break from therapy due to finances, but will be starting back up soon. I have insurance for myself and my daughter through my work. My daughter is 18 has been diagnosed MDD, Bipolar 2, Anxiety Disorder. I'm on a high deductible health plan with an HSA account. The premiums are about $80 every two weeks, but my company puts $60 each payday in my HSA (not out of my pay), and I put in $120 each payday. The first $3500 of expenses, including prescriptions, is out of pocket, then the company picks up part of the expense up to my max out of pocket of $7000.

Last year, because I had some major bills for my daughter at the end of 2015 that I didn't pay for until early 2016, I paid out close to $10,000.

Anyway, my main goal now is to cover my daughters expenses (meds $355 a month, Pdoc & therapist $400 to $500 a month, bloodwork about $600 a month) until I have paid out the initial $3500, then return to therapy once my insurance is paying part of the expense. It won't be long, but the billing is very slow right now, so I'm thinking it will be close to May before I'm sure that the $3500 has been covered.

"I feel like an outsider, and I always will feel like one. I’ve always felt that I wasn’t a member of any particular group."
~ Anne Rice
reb569 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky