Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2015
246 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 31, 2017 at 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by here today View Post
Hey, folks. I don't have AvPD. Diagnosed with PDNOS 6 years ago but I think I would have qualified for OCPD before that but people weren't diagnosing PD's much years ago. I've been in a general mental health support group for 12 years and I think 2 of the others probably have AvPD. But they're either not sharing that or not diagnosed for similar reasons as me. Like I said, I've known these folks for about 12 years, care about them, even though I suspect our level of "relationship" some people might think is restricted.

Being very obsessive and compulsive I've done a lot of research about psychology and PD's and have some ideas about self-loathing and not being able to be yourself in the world and participate fully.

I agree, unfortunately a PD pattern isn't going away overnight. But, for me, a better understanding of what is, or might, be going on is helping me participate some with more "regular" folks.

I had been participating in the NPD forum -- those folks have some similarity with me. I learned a lot but the group seems to have dissipated for reasons I could speculate about but am not really sure. So . . .would you all be OK with me trying to participate some here?

Honestly, in my grand and glorious NPD, or codependent, way I'd also like to try to add something and help move the understanding of PD's forward, and help you all, if I can, which is something I wish I could do more for my friends, but lack the ability or understanding for. And, of course, I'd like to participate because participating helps me.

I also think that you AvPD's have a lot to offer the world that the world probably isn't too receptive to. Sucks for the world. So I'd like to learn some more about that, if I can.
Glad to have you here, here today. I'm in an internet-based study on anxious PD and AvPD and wonder what the difference is...? I was dx'd w/PD NOS with avoidant features. I tend to avoid commitments - or, more accurately, I make promises that I end up breaking. My dx was made by a PhD psychologist following testing. I'm not sure that my PhD psychotherapist totally agrees w/all of the diagnoses, though.

I would love to hear that I have something to offer others. It's not how I feel most of the time, however.

Cheers~~

UglyDucky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, here today

Thanks for this!
here today