View Single Post
man0war

Member Since Apr 2017
Default Apr 02, 2017 at 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose76 View Post
Your wife is an adult. As such, she has a responsibility to be actively engaged in managing her bipolar disorder and her post-partum depression. That means keeping her doctors' appointments. That means having a schedule for the week with goals and being able to say, "Here's what I did this week to make progress toward my goals." She might have a goal of spending one hour per day caring for the new baby.

No one gets to say, "I just don't feel like doing anything, so I won't be doing anything." That's not just being depressed. That's being entitled.
I am in a very similar situation, where my partner is constantly citing her depression as a reason for being as abusive as she is. I tend to agree with you on the fact that as an adult you still have certain responsibilities to those around you. Being ill does not give you a golden ticket to act, do and say as you please without any consequences. She lays the guilt trip on me heavily for this and keeps on saying that I don't care or understand how she is feeling. I do care and whilst I really cannot fully comprehend exactly what she is going through, I do still feel that a certain amount of common decency should apply.
man0war is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
lv10, Rose76

Thanks for this!
lv10