View Single Post
mllelystigre

Member Since Feb 2017
15 hugs
given
Default Apr 06, 2017 at 10:42 AM

Hi Vital!
Thank you so much for posting this. It has been some time, and I was wondering if the technique has still been working for you? I started a few days ago and actually felt better right away, but it hasn't quite settled into a habit yet (as ALL habits take time) and I do have a few concerns:
1. You mention in the original post that you've been snapping for over ten months. Do you still have to literally snap, or has it now become a habit so engrained in you that the actual snapping isn't necessary anymore?
2. Even if this does work for me long-term, I'm hesitant to have another "tick" that alienates me, so to speak. Instead of snapping (as I do make decisions on actions all the time when I'm either holding a baby or driving), I've been clicking my tongue. But now I do it ALL the time, even when it's not for making consciousness decisions. I already have a long-standing habit of nervously humming, and I so don't want to become the crazy humming/clucking/snapping lady at the bus stop or anywhere else in public. Is it possible for the technique to eradicate my depression effectively if applied only in private settings? I'm either by myself or caring for an infant most of the time...
3. What if I forget to do it/can't (because I have something in my mouth or what not) every single time? Will I regress? Or are all the healthful benefits of all the times that I've "done it when I can" still there? And remembering to do it when I can only adds to my recovery, even if it isn't for EVERY decision?
4. Lastly (and I really hope you don't take this to wrong way), but if you've successfully eradicated your depression as you say, why are you still so active in this community? I think it's great that you're helping others, and I really hope that you continue to do so...I'm just really curious. I know that when I finally "cure" my depression, I'll want to eventually "leave the past in the past" by distancing myself from the distractions that I had when I was a depressed person.

Thanks so much for all that you do!

Hugs from:
vital

Thanks for this!
vital