View Single Post
leejosepho
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2016
Default Apr 09, 2017 at 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose76 View Post
Thanks leejosepho. I didn't realize that about the identity questions on the phone. Though I've had enough experience with debt that I should have caught on. It's good to have this tip on identifying what kind of call you're receiving.
I am sure neither of us would recommend dodging creditors, so the distinction here is related to bill collectors. A creditor *might* call on the phone to discuss payment arrangements, but bill collectors are like all-of-it-right-now bounty hunters.

To cielpur: Debt consolidation is for people who typically want or intend to continue in a lifetime of debt. I have done that in the past, then just ended up with more debt after my overall payments for past debt had been reduced. It might be nearly impossible to become debt-free and remain that way forever, but consolidating debt so more debt can be possible never worked out for me.

| manic-depressive with psychotic tendencies (1977) | chronic alcoholism (1981) | Asperger burnout (2010) | mood disorder - nos / personality disorder - nos / generalized anxiety disorder (2011) | chronic back pain / peripheral neuropathy / partial visual impairment | Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (incurable cancer) |
leejosepho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rose76