View Single Post
Anonymous43456

Default Apr 15, 2017 at 09:47 AM

Rohag you're not alone. My parents had a very unhappy marriage. My mother, I think, has narcissistic personality disorder in addition to being a borderline and bipolar. My father, was the codependent who enabled my mother to act irrational all the time. He'd try to reason with her, point out to her that she was acting irrational, being neglectful to her children but she'd just rage at him all the time, to the point where he just gave up on their marriage and they were roommates until he died from cancer. He was neglectful to his children too, because he'd given up on his marriage and his life. So, here you have three small children with no emotional support system, whose parents emotionally and verbally abuse them instead of teach them how to emotionally connect with people through their own actions. They essentially raised three emotionally neglected children. Although my two siblings married and had children I never did. And I'm glad because I'm certain I would have chosen a man who physically and emotionally neglects and abuses me, like both of my parents did. My previous romantic relationships' common denominator is that all the men were narcissists. So, I don't date anymore out of fear that I can find a man who isn't a narcissist.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous57777, Rohag, TerryL

Thanks for this!
Rohag