Legendary

Member Since Feb 2009
15.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 15, 2017 at 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace14 View Post
...my parents split up around age 10. I'm glad they did. Or else he may have killed one or both of us.
Wow - I'm glad they split!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzybear View Post
has the Mother programmed you to never be fully satisfied with your efforts?
I can relate ...
I was never "pretty enough" and "never good enough"
How can we undo the program of "never good enough"?
My observation of myself and of others who have posted in many different PC forums is that "early socialization" or "programming" is rarely if ever completely overcome. I'm glad for those (few?) who do free themselves from it, and I'm happy for those who find some way to leverage their unfortunate experiences to produce something positive for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cielpur View Post
...he just gave up on their marriage and they were roommates until he died from cancer. He was neglectful to his children too, because he'd given up on his marriage and his life. ... They essentially raised three emotionally neglected children.
I'm sorry; this is most sad. If I may ask (please feel free to ignore the questions), when did you realize your family was "dysfunctional?" When did you come to understand your mother had these personality disorders?

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear