Thread: How the hell?
View Single Post
chalmette70043
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2007
Default Dec 01, 2007 at 03:17 AM

How did i do it? All hell broke loose earlier tonite. I was sitting here in chat, then i hear two huge explosions outside. Everything went pitch black. I thought it was Murphy blowing up again. I went out to see what was going on. Neighbors were all coming out and everything was in darkness as far as you could see. Then two state cop cars come flying down the street. At first we thought it was just transformers that blew. Cause thats just pretty much the norm. But seeing the cops we stood there wondering what happened. A few minutes passed and one of the cars came back down the street and the trooper was telling us what had happened. After he left, everyone decided to walk down to the corner to see it. Everyone went to lock their doors and they all came back out with either a glass of wine or a beer. And i had a water. It almost came out my mouth to ask one of them for a beer. But i just shook my head and took a sip of the water and lit a cigarette. We got to the corner and just craziness going on. Fire trucks, cops, neighbors from other streets on thier corners and cars passing just to see what happened. One of the firemen came over to talk to us talking about what happened. Their was one of those really big 18 wheelers half in the street and half on someones lot. Two electrical poles down and wires down everywhere. The trucker was from out of town coming to pick up sacks of oysters. And someone told him to turn at the Gulf Coast Bank. Thing is, he turned at the wrong one. And went right down Campagna street. When he got to the corner, just like almost every corner down here. The manhole covers are off with huges pipes coming out of them and its all barracaded around it. Since he couldnt get around it, he went over the slab on the corner lot and took out two poles and the main transformer for our area. When the transformer blew it caught fire. That was the explosions we all heard.

Well the trucker is this old guy and the cops are all yelling at him giving em a really hard time. Everyone is getting hot, cause jeeze, this guy aint from here, he dont know. He made a mistake. And the cops were being such assholes. While all this is going on, tara goes and gets her bottle and barrett grabs a bag and fills it with beers. Threw this whole thing that ended up lasting 4 hours, i never drank a sip of it.

Today is four days sober. And im glad i didnt drink.

So often we dwell on the things that seem impossible rather than on the things that are possible. So often we are depressed by what remains to be done and forget to be thankful for all that has been done.--Marian Wright Edelman
chalmette70043 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote