View Single Post
OliverB
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
589 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 21, 2017 at 03:11 PM

If you have CPTSD you have a negative sense of self, black or white thinking it is possible when triggered but not necessary and it is not present while normal, abandonment issues are not necessary present, love-hatred and sudden changes of ideas/religion/whatever are not necessary present.... while all of these things are present in BPD.

Also, lack of self regulation and control it is present while triggered, but it is not necessary part of the personality.

Nightmares, flashbacks, avoiding trauma related situation, abnormal fears, ... everything it is present in PTSD it is normally also in CPTSD. THe main difference it is in CPTSD flashbacks are emotional and rarely visual. Also, in BPD dissociation is always negative and tends to lead to SH or SH ideation, while in CPTSD it can be protective and is not easily percived as negative, some people with CPTSD with a strong freeze response might look for getting more and more dissociated instead of SH to feel something which is common in BPD.

It is mostly a trauma response vs a personality. While triggered people with CPTSD may look like BPD, or like other disorders like schizophrenia or antisocial, but it is not their personality/normal thinking.

When I am severly triggered I can get short psychotic episodes, but they are not related with my schizophrenia.

(I don't fit the criteria for BPD, I was mostly missdiagnosed with schizoid and schizotypal PD rather than BPD)

Meds: bye bye meds
CPTSD and some sort of depression and weird perceptions

"Outwardly: dumbly, I shamble about, a thing that could never have been known as human, a
thing whose shape is so alien a travesty that humanity becomes more obscene for the vague resemblance."
I have no mouth and I must scream -Harlan Ellison-
OliverB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Ohxpoorxme, SoupDragon, TishaBuv