Crypts_Of_The_Mind
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
2,609 hugs
given
Default Apr 22, 2017 at 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohxpoorxme View Post
Both my parents used meth when I was growing up without getting too into it, it was very unstable. Both my parents were sleeping with the same prostitute that they hung out with as friends often. But I do have a history of self harm. I don't do it anymore but I definitely put myself in unsafe and self destructive situations. And I'm extremely codependent and avoid conflict. And I don't think I've ever actually been in an"healthy" relationship. I knew I was being cheated on by my ex and even after he gave me an STD I couldn't leave him, until I met my now soon to be ex husband. I am so afraid of being alone (abandoned) that now since my soon to be ex husband has started giving me the silent treatment and ignoring me I've resorted to hooking up with some random guy I meet at a bar atleast once a week. Which is so unlike me. I've got the absolute worst self esteem. All my friends say I'm crazy and I get alot of attention from guys, but I just don't see what they see. I'm only 25 and was married for 5 years (no kids). While I was married I calmed down alot, but did still abuse drugs and hide it from my husband. But since I've been separated I've gone back to my old extremely self destructive ways. So I feel like I'm extremely codependent, but it's not considered an actual diagnosis
That does show a lot of BPD characteristics, but most are things that can also be symptomatic of other disorders such as bipolar or even some types of depression. So unless I knew a bit more about your childhood, and things like how you handle stressful situations or confrontations or situations that are similar to those of your past I would not be able to even give an educated guess. Most times it is best to talk to a psychiatrist to get a full psych exam, but make sure you trust them to give a proper diagnosis bc they will be asking personal questions.
Crypts_Of_The_Mind is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote