Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 30, 2017 at 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Hitch View Post
It would be nice if there was a system whereby as you click on "reply to thread" it tells you IMMEDIATELY that you're on that persons ignore list.

Rather than typing out a long reply and as you hit "post reply" it tells you only then that you're on ignore:/
that feature already exists when you click into a thread that the original poster has you on ignore and click reply to begin your replying you get this notice...

You are on this users ignore list and therefore cannot reply to this thread.

it is an automatic pop up as long as you do not use the "quick reply", if you use "quick reply is does not always show up

my suggestion is not to use the quick reply if sensitive to needing to know whether you are on someones ignore list.

another suggestion before actually writing out a long reply click in reply in the original post (first post ) of the thread. you get the pop up notifying you that you are on that persons ignore list you know not to try and write your post in that thread....

heads up just because someone has a person on ignore does not mean it prevents them from posting their reply.... anyone can start their own thread on the same issue and have their own discussion about it...

example if I am on someones list that is discussing a dissociative therapy model that their treatment providers are using and I feel my post about the same therapy model and how my own treatment providers use or dont use it with me I can if I wish begin my own thread on that same issue and post my situation and how and why my own treatment providers use or dont use that model of therapy with me.

the ignore feature is for the protection of the one that is using it and not used as a preventative / punishment to keep others from having full use of posting their self.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AmandaBroken

Thanks for this!
AmandaBroken, DocJohn