Pandita-in-training

Member Since Sep 2006
550 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 04, 2007 at 02:46 PM

</font><blockquote><div id="quote"><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Rhapsody said:
I am getting tired of how people react to the expressed anger and pain of a sexually & mentally wounds soul - that which a young child and teenager never asked for in the first place....... created by MEN.

She almost HATES them - While I have tried my best to LoVe in spite of the Past.
How can one win out over such deviated sickness that was forced upon another?

Why do people want to hate ME for the PAIN that needs to be healed from - by my way of healing, sharing & venting?

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post">
I think one of the big things teenagers need to learn that is hard is the difference between indivduals and groups. "Men" did not abuse her, individuals (with names, just like Carol) abused her. I don't know that she will be able to heal if she can't differentiate the two?

My husband smacked me once and I went into "kill" mode because my stepmother use to hit me. But, I was able to use that tiny piece of brain that has "me" and fairness in it and ask "why did you hit me?" and listen to the response. The reason why he'd hit me is because I'd almost electrocuted us or gotten glass broken and sprayed in our faces, etc. I had done something dangerous.

My point is not that these particular men have anything at all worth listening to as to "why" but that other men are not these men like my husband was not my stepmother. I had it easy because there are obvious physical differences too but in the "head" none of those really matter. Carol needs to be validated for what happened to her but I'm sure you and your T and everyone is doing that for her? But I wouldn't let Carol "stop" there; I'd ask her to help you learn to distinguish between each of these men so they don't "run together" and between these kinds of men and others?