Wise Elder

Member Since Jan 2006
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 05, 2007 at 01:03 AM

</font><blockquote><div id="quote"><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Perna said:
Carol needs to be validated for what happened to her but I'm sure you and your T and everyone is doing that for her?

But I wouldn't let Carol "stop" there; I'd ask her to help you learn to distinguish between each of these men so they don't "run together" and between these kinds of men and others?

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post">

You would be surprised to how many people do NOT validate Carol and Her feelings toward Men......... she has yet been hugged and told that she has the right to feel the way she does (myself and my T being excluded from those that do not validate her....... Carol usually gets a lot of the same stuff said to her that many here on PC seems to always say to Rhapsody when she needs to VENT for HEALING purposes.

And please know that the expressed feelings toward MEN are not just sexual abuse related..... that particular issue was actually the second issue that got the ball a rolling - her daddy abandoning her at the young tender age of one years old was the first issue (then by age 5 or 6 she was rejected by her dad for his new precious little girl with the woman, the baby sitter - now new wife, that stole her daddy from his first family).

And being let down by many other males in her adult life did not help this issue any - nor did being raped as an adult..... for some reason the men in Carolyn's life have been abusive in one way or another and they do not seem to be able to love or to keep their word, therefore, trust of men is a big issue with her.

BUT - please know that we are trying and that we are healing (slowly) but never the less still healing from this very deep rooted wound that concerns men.
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote