Thread: im overreacting
View Single Post
(JD)
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2003
1,651 hugs
given
Default Dec 06, 2007 at 10:35 PM

((((inny)))) Don't you just love it when people say the word "just?" I try very hard not to use it and am careful when I do.

Stress can kill. But there isn't alot an outsider can do to lower your stress levels. You have to do that, and it's often a constant type effort.

Being mindful of what you are doing when you are doing it will help. Don't be running a zillion things through your mind, even though you might have that much to do. Make lists if that helps you be able to not have to keep everything in your mind...

Work on staying grounded and mindful. When someone occurs that you sense yourself REacting to, try to RESPOND to it instead. Take control, talk to yourself good self talk (say, "I know this is upsetting me. What can I do to control more of the situation than become overwhelmed?" ) If there's nothing you can do, you need to put it aside. If it's at night and there's nothing you can do right then (I mean, you can't call anyone to straighten out a bill, or file a complaint etc.) then put it on the list for the next day, and leave it there.

((((hugs)))

Believe in Him or not --- GOD LOVES YOU!

Want to share your Christian faith? Click HERE
(JD) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote