View Single Post
yakmom

Member Since Feb 2016
20 hugs
given
Default May 17, 2017 at 09:23 AM

Hi All. I am 56 years old. My last period was March, 2008. Feb 28,2008, I had my first panic attack. I had some serious health issues early that year and was recovering. Enter more panic attacks, depression, anxiety, thoughts of death and dying. Agoraphobia. I was afraid to go to work, afraid to go shopping. Afraid of everything. I thought I was losing my mind. I had gone from a assertive professional (nurse) to a blithering, sobbing mass in a few weeks. I had panic attacks in meetings. It was as if I was losing my mind. In Sept,2008 I went to a counselor and she said "Sounds like a bad menopause". I went to my GYN w/in 3 days and yes I was in menopause. Rx'd Hormones and antidepressant. Helped, but still an anxiety ridden mess. April 2009, finally got an anti-anxiety agent and it seemed all was well for about 6 months. Then we lost my stepson traumatically and things have never been the same. It seems like I am stuck. I have been diagnosed with MDD recurrent, Panic d/o, Anxiety d/o. Still have hot flashes, still have anxiety, still have severe depression at times. Sometimes it seems this will never end. Plus, during this time I have developed diabetes (controlled on metformin). Yes, I have been to therapists. No one helps. They don't understand a blessed thing. I'm sorry, they just don't. Any comments would be helpful. Thank You.
yakmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Laurie*, Anonymous48850, benzenering, possum220