Legendary

Member Since Mar 2009
9,983 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 18, 2017 at 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
I agree that you did great work. My T said I did good work today, too, and that my thoughts seemed really coherent. Though here I am, at 11:37 p.m., crying. I think doing good work often involves dredging up painful or scary things...and it's like you have to pass through them to come out on the other side and be healed. But knowing that doesn't make it any less painful...
I'm sorry you were crying last night too, LT. How do you feel today? I agree about good work often being painful or scary. I am grieving a huge loss but I have a little hope that I will find a way to be there for the child part. I mentioned using my DBT skills too and T thought that was a good idea. I need to review my manual.

I sent T two emails last night. In my session I told her how grateful I am that, even though she wanted me to stop emailing, she let me continue. We fought over it but it was something I needed, and still do. I can stop Googling her family, but emailing after sessions is important to me. She didn't write back yet but I know she will.

It is interesting that, when I asked her, T said nothing in the article was new to her.
rainbow8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight