View Single Post
guilloche
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2014
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 29, 2017 at 01:37 PM

How many people do you know that have successfully accomplished what they wanted to with therapy?

I'm curious. I'm feeling incredibly depressed again, and hopeless, and trying to figure out what to do. I have a long history of very not helpful therapists, which makes it really hard to get excited about trying to find yet another one.

1. I knew a person, a long time ago, in another mental health forum. She was recovering from some pretty severe childhood issues, I believe, but was very very close to being done.

2. I know a person in real life who saw a therapist for anxiety, worked through an anxiety workbook, and was done. It seemed to work for her.

3. I know one other person in real life who saw a therapist for couples counseling... last I heard from her (we've lost touch) she told me it was amazingly helpful, and her and her new husband never fought anymore. They discussed how to deal with things they disagreed on, but didn't fight.

4. The woman from the Boundary Ninja blog seems to have made amazing, real progress with her therapist.

That's all the examples I can think of, and two are online. The two real people I know had fairly simple issues (I think) and were pretty well adjusted to start with.
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
anais_anais, awkwardlyyours, lucozader, Myrto, Out There

Thanks for this!
lucozader