View Single Post
guilloche
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2014
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 30, 2017 at 09:19 PM

Ooh, thank you Starfishing - that's really inspiring. It's helpful to hear that you've gone through some of the same things (feeling like it's your fault, that you're just too difficult/complicated to be helped - I use to tell the old T that I was "un-therapetizable"!) To you, and everyone, who talks about how life changing therapy has been - I try really hard to hold on to that thought!

If it's not too much, can I ask how you found your new T? Was it just luck - or did you get a recommendation? And, what kind of therapy is it? (You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable, I'm just curious - since it sounded like, in part, this modality was also more helpful than some of the others).

Thanks! I really wish there was a therapy match-making service where I live. I read about one up in NY, I think, where the guy running it (who is a therapist) actually interviews/talks to all the therapists he recommends, so he actually *knows* them all, who they are and what their personalities are like. He then talks to people who want therapy and is able to give really good recommendations, they have something crazy like a 98% success rate!

I want that! Maybe I just need to move up to NY, so I can get that guy to find my next therapist!

(Talk about depressing... I tried something similar online. You put a little info about yourself on a form, chose up to 3 things that you wanted to deal with and filled out an optional personality quiz - I did it, and only got one match, and it was somebody that I had already ruled out - youch!)

Thanks!
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna