View Single Post
guilloche
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2014
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 30, 2017 at 10:02 PM

What's up CoolBeans82? I wish I had anything interesting to write about for you, to help get your mind off whatever you're going through.

I am really tired... frustrated... my job is a bit nuts. Have you ever been at a job where things are going pretty well, and something weird just *changes*? That's how our department has been this year... I think it's because we were moved under a different executive, so the type of work that we're being assigned has changed. And, our project managers are becoming insanely crazy about "process". We want to just go, design and build cool stuff! But the PMs... oooooh.... they make my head hurt (ha - apologies to any PMs reading this) with all the documentation they require. It's insane. Even my boss told me that he feels like he has to numb out a little to deal with it.

Did you have a day off for Memorial Day (if you're in the states)? Did you do anything interesting? I ended up spiraling a bit into depression... stayed in bed all day Saturday, but did find an interesting program on Amazon Prime (got a free trial, yay!). "In Treatment" - since I don't currently have a T, I figured it was an OK substitute. I'm about to log off, wash my face, and go watch a couple more episodes before bed.

The way they tell the stories is interesting... it's about a therapist. Each half-hour episode shows a session with one patient, for 4 patients, then the 5th episode shows him talking to his own therapist. Here and there, we get glimpses of his life and family... it's amazing how different his life is from his work. His relationship with his wife seems to be going downhill very fast (I'm midway thru season 1, no idea how it's going to end up) and it's just... kind of sad, I guess? But interesting, since it's not a view of therapists that we get to see ever. I always wished that I could see how other people do therapy, and while this is fiction, it sort of feels helpful and interesting to me in that way.

I think if I were still seeing my old T, I'd be tempted to bring it up with him though and compare them... "the T on this show does this and this and this, and he NEVER does this! Be more like that!" (I'm kind of a difficult client!).

Hope today is going better for you... good luck with everything. And, sorry if this isn't what you were looking for (blush) - but it sounded like you might just need someone to blab for a bit to take your mind off things. Strangely, I can do that. Who knew?

*hugs*
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
Sunflower123