View Single Post
MariaTheFictionkin

Member Since May 2017
29 hugs
given
Confused May 31, 2017 at 06:57 PM

Question: Would taking medication change my beliefs and sexual interests etc. as a way of a doctor trying to, “cure” me?

For years I have always been against the use of medication for mental health reasons. I know this may sound stupid but I’ve been hellishly afraid that when I take it I will be a “different person”. That I won’t be the same as I was before and not in a good way.

I do feel like I need to take it due to anxiety attacks and some other stuff as it’s becoming too much for me to handle (also my mother suggested it since none of the coping methods I've tried seem to truly work). But I’m still extremely hesitant on taking meds due to that fear of being converted/changed in that fashion.

I feel like I won’t be able to talk to my soulbonds, or in simpler terms “imaginary friends”, anymore due to some med messing up my brain which is one of the main reasons why I've been refusing it.

A friend told me he knows people that taken medication before and it hasn't change their beliefs and such and it shouldn't be a problem for me....but I'm still a bit scared...

Hugs from:
Skeezyks, still_crazy