View Single Post
Artchic528
Supreme Artisan

Member Since Nov 2014
205 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 04, 2017 at 05:04 PM

Minnflower, I understand the feeling of jealousy completely. I'm a jealous person too. However, I'm not understanding what the main issue is here. Do you have an aversion to nudity in and of itself? Or is that you don't want your husband to look at other women in the nude as it triggers your jealousy?

I feel that we (mainly the US) oversexualize the human body. If a person sees a woman nursing her baby in public, uncovered, they go into fits of rage or repulsion over her exposed breast. They feel that, if a breast is exposed in any way whatsoever, it MUST be for a sexual act of some sort. When did feeding a child in such an intimate and beautiful way become a sexual act?

Small children often run around in the nude all the time, doing it not because its sexual in nature, but because they like the freedom and are exploring their personal boundaries. It's when an adult in their life begins to tell them that being nude is shameful or acts like them being nude isn't acceptable that they themselves begin to feel shame and embarrassment when nude in front of others. They aren't born feeling this way, rather, it's instilled upon them by the elders in their lives.

As an artist, I find beauty in the nude form, both male and female. Does that make me perverted? Was Michelangelo feeling perverted when he created the David (a famous sculpture of a nude man)? Is a photograph of a mother and her baby, both in the nude, perverted?

The answer is no, none of these are perverted whatsoever. Yet, there are people who are bound and determined to try and make beautiful masterpieces, like the David, into something perverted and lewd because the subjects are nude.

In fact, there are some societies that view being nude as being in one's purest, and most innocent form. The nude subject has nothing to hide, nothing to feel abashed or ashamed about, thus they are purity in the simplest state. They are, as we all come into the world, nude and without guilt, shame, or anything else blemishing there psyche.

So, no. I feel that movies aren't going to far when a woman is simply walking into a room fully nude, and the camera captures that. In fact, I feel the US has gone too far to censor nudity as a whole. It's beyond ridiculous.

MY BLOG IS NOW CONVENIENTLY LOCATED HERE!!
[UPDATED: 4/30/2017]

LIFE IS TOO SHORT, TOO VALUABLE AND TOO PRECIOUS A THING TO WASTE!!
Artchic528 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote