View Single Post
Lola5

Member Since Jun 2016
10 hugs
given
Default Jun 21, 2017 at 11:17 AM

I've been in a really rough place with my anxiety. I'm not sleeping. My anxiety is through the roof and my body is constantly shaking. I vomit at least once a day.

My therapist said I need to commit better to meds. I've been on many meds that provided no relief. Then, there were a few (anti-psychotics) that lessened the anxiety, but came with dangerous side effects like overly high blood sugar, massive weight gain, muscle tremors, muscle stiffness.

My pdoc seems at a loss with me and keeps saying that I can take one of the anti-psychotics and then 3 additional medications to combat the side effects: one to curb weight gain, one to regulate blood sugar and one to lessen muscle tension.

My problem is that I'm scared of being on so many meds and the side effects they may cause. Both my therapist and pdoc keep telling me that the side effects from the additional meds might not be as bad as the side effects from anti-psychotic. But I'm still scared about giving myself physical health problems.

I guess my question is: what are your reactions to being on medications to treat side effects of other medications? Is this something you have done or does it seem wise to do?
Lola5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
still_crazy

Thanks for this!
still_crazy