Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,275 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 25, 2017 at 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitska View Post
Hi there! There is always up to 12 weeks of FMLA you can take as a full time employee. I am currently applying for it myself for intermittent leave - as in, when I'm adjusting to a med and I can't stay awake, I'll leave for 3 hours (or the day) and take a nap. It's as needed, and unpaid unless you have spare PTO or vacation/sick time. Just wanted to throw that out.
My pdoc is almost forcing me to apply for FMLA. I'm fine with it; it's sort of a cover-your-*** move with my disability since I've been having so much trouble with work offering reasonable accommodations.

I still need to check on this pre-existing condition business. I got my insurance policies exactly for the reason if my disorders got too severe, I would be covered.

Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote