View Single Post
Introvrtd1

Member Since Jan 2014
61 hugs
given
Unhappy Jun 25, 2017 at 07:55 PM

day 21.....i survived another weekend without drinking....the cravings are gone (for now)....the anxiety is gone....the withdrawal symptoms still kinda creep in every now and then....some days good, some days bad....

on bad days, it seems like back to week 1 when symptoms lasted for hours....now they come on suddenly and only last a few mins if that...

on good days, i have to watch what i eat...since my appetite is back to normal i find myself eating sugary foods like mad...sugar seems to put my symptoms back to week 1 because i read where alcohol converts to sugar and has a similar effect on our brains....only not as intoxicating. The body still has to process the sugar like it did the alcohol so the manifestation of symptoms confused me into thinking i actually had a few drinks....

...sigh...

once i started cutting back and eliminating the sugar....i had fewer and less intense symptoms of withdrawal....

overall....im in recovery....not as impressive as those with 90, 180, or even two years sober... but im reaching for those goals....

one day at a time
Introvrtd1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote