View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jun 29, 2017 at 04:59 PM

Hello vickster: Well... I don't have an authoritative answer to your question. All I can say is that your experience is in line with what I have experienced in the past. I'm no longer on any med's at all of any kind. I do still have a pdoc whom I see a couple of times a year... just to keep my foot in the door, so to speak. Whenever I see him, if I mention anything I'm having difficulty with, he's right there with a suggestion for a med I could take. If I wanted to, I suspect I could be on a whole laundry list of medications. I've chosen not to go down that road. You asked if your providers should be doing something else to help. My personal opinion is... yes they should be. However my experience suggests to me that they probably won't.

You don't mention, in your post, if you see a therapist. That, of course, is the other option. I don't see one of those either. I've tried a few in the past. But none of them turned out to be worth the expense. However I've read posts here on PC written by members who said their therapists saved their lives. So I presume there are great therapists out there. It's simply a matter of finding them.
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
reggiegirl

Thanks for this!
vickster2017