View Single Post
salukigirl
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2007
2 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 17, 2007 at 02:33 PM

so i had another doctor's appt today only with a family doctor, not an obgyn. i told the nurse over the phone when i made the appt "i have pcos and nobody will do anything about it." and i went in there, told her all my symptoms and that everything fit in with pcos. so she finally listened to me! yay! she wrote me a prescription for a higher estrogen birth control to offset the testosterone, did more blood work on my hormones and said if my blood work looks normal, come back in 2-3 months for a check up and if its not normal shell refer me to another obgyn thats not the one i have been going to. i feel so relieved.

i wanted this to get taken care of now because i know it can cause infertility if gone untreated. it has been so aggravating and has taken over 2 years but i finally got someone who understands what im saying. i should get my blood work back in about a week and then ill find out if another birth control will be enough or if i need either insulin lowering and testosterone lowering meds.

YAY! victory for the normals! lol. i hope this gives everyone who participated in this thread a little bit of hope that some doctors arent totally corrupt and evil yet. (yet being the key word)
salukigirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote