View Single Post
MrsDuckL

Member Since May 2017
172 hugs
given
Default Jul 16, 2017 at 06:19 PM

Hi everyone,

My apologies if this has been discussed before, but just curious if you have songs that speak to you regarding therapy or your journey. I just started therapy about a month ago (I finally won the therapist lottery after two bad ones!), and I have a playlist I listen to on the way to therapy or when things get bad. (I was abused in childhood and just now, 15 years later, dealing with it.) Below are a few of the songs I've had on repeat and the reasons why.

1) I just found Dar Williams' "What do you hear in these sounds"--song is directly about therapy. I LOVE the line "oh how I learned to love others when I got to talk about myself.

2) Mika's "Happy Ending" has been on constant repeat for weeks. Sad song not at all about a happy ending, talks about this being the hardest story I've ever told, no love no glory, happy ending gone forever." Really applicable to me in putting a painful childhood to rest.

3) Cage the Elephant's "Telescope"--talks about a guy on the other side of the telescope who looks like me, but keeps himself locked up, afraid of what the future might hold--main chorus is "you don't understand, walls keep tumbling down."

4) "Where do you go to my Lovely" from Darjeeling Limited soundtrack. Lovely little song, I like the main chorus of "where do you go to my lovely, when you're alone in your bed. Tell me the thoughts that surround you, I want to look inside your head." This is repeated a few times in the verses, then the final verse is "I know where you go to my lovely, because I can see inside your head"--I listen to this a lot on the way home from therapy.
MrsDuckL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
growlycat