anais_anais
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2017
1,181 hugs
given
Default Jul 18, 2017 at 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
I'm 99% sure that I know the answer to this question, but I know a lot of people here have more experience than I do.

Last night, my new therapist (J) said he thought that he might be mandated to report what happened with my ex therapist (S) to the state licensing board.

No blatant sexual anything happened; the most sexual thing that happened was him telling me that he'd had a sex dream about me and about how aroused it made him. Also, I guess, he did tell me about his genital piercings as well as what he likes to do sexually with women/his physical preferences. Otherwise, boundaries were just non-existent in general.

I'm in a panic. I do not want J to report S. That is not something I could handle. I'm pretty sure that he is NOT mandated to report this, but I was hoping some of you could offer some insight and experience....
I have no knowledge of mandated reporting, and I hope you are able to find a place where you are both in control and finding the assistance you need. But at the risk of offending, I want to add that the exchanges you outlined in the third paragraph ARE very blatantly sexual. Ok, perhaps there is no physical component. But they are blatant, and sexual abuse and harrassment can i volve but don't necessarily hinge on physicality.

Quite some time ago I felt "screwed over" by someone I was confiding in who turned out to be a mandated reporter. It took a long time to get past what I thought was a grievous overstep on the reporter's part. But eventually I realized I was too victimized and brainwashed at the time to be able to advocate for myself effectively, which I believe is not uncommon and why the practice exists. Wishing you peace.

Hugs from:
Anonymous37968

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, naenin, Out There, toomanycats, unaluna, UnderRugSwept