Magnate

Member Since Feb 2015
2,132 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 19, 2017 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ididitmyway View Post
I just don't see how it could not be dismissed if nothing can be verified. All the board can do in cases when the harmed party is not named is to contact the therapist and to question him about the information they received. The therapist would obviously deny everything ant that would be the end of it. Why would any board bother even start? As AB said, they don't have enough resources to properly investigate even the complaints from clients with convincing evidence because they get tons of them every year. Who would bother to look at anonymous reports whether from professionals or not?

What does exactly your state licensing board do when they get reports from professionals who don't name the clients they have received information from? How exactly do they investigate it if there is no one to question?
I don’t profess to know exactly how my state board does these things or why. My guess would be that depending on what is being reported exactly, the therapist’s testimony is given enough merit for further inquiry of some sort. Calling the reported therapists colleagues if they have any might be a reasonable start. In my case, my ex-t confessed to her colleague that she entered an inappropriate dual relationship with me. My ex-t is now being counseled for this. So if the board were to call any one of my ex-t’s colleague’s, there is validation (at least for part of my story). Also, my t has been witness to the trauma my ex-t caused me. I’ve shown her drunk text messages and emails from my ex-t. Maybe a colleague knows of my ex-t’s alcohol problems. I have shared with my t detailed, very strange, personal information about ex-t that might lend credibility. And maybe there are more complaints out there that would also support the report. Who knows?? Apparently my state recognizes not every situation is a black and white 2-piece puzzle??

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
I referred to S by his first name a lot. I'm not sure if he has his last name.
I really hope it doesn't come down to me having to refuse information to anyone. That's not how I want this to resolve.... J is my therapist, and I like to think he's on my side... same with Group T
I hope you aren't put in the awkward position of your t requesting your ex-t's last name. J sounds like he is for sure on your side. He was the one who told you to be selfish, right? As for having to refuse info to anyone else, confidentiality will prohibit you from having to do so. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
AllHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote