Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2017
297 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 26, 2017 at 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessIsMyFriend View Post
I interviewed last Fri for a job at my college. Because I was able to get somebody who works at the school who is considered to be highly respected to be a reference, I got a next day interview and got approved for the job almost immediately. The manager basically rushed through the interview claiming to be busy but stated that having such a reference helped a lot and asked me a couple of basic questions like "can you work on a team?" and "I will let you pick your schedule but you need to make it on time or give me a heads up if you can't make it; can you do that?" and my obvious answer to both was yes, so he processed my application that same day and I passed the background check Monday and got my HR stuff done yesterday.

He even let me pick my own schedule which made me feel awkward because I sent him an email giving him the days and times of my classes and what days I would be available and he told me to give him exact days/times that I want to work which feels so weird because I've never been given such freedom before in any professional setting.

Still though this manager seems like a cool guy and the work is pretty basic so I'm confident that I can manage. Now, I shall wait for the email back so I can get started next week.

I can't lie, I'm nervous. I can't help but to feel like this is some kind of hoax because I have never had somebody give me a chance like this so it almost feels like it's too good to be true. Regardless, I will press on.

Finally things are getting done.
Great news! Congratulations! Being nervous when starting a job is normal.

"I feel like an outsider, and I always will feel like one. I’ve always felt that I wasn’t a member of any particular group."
~ Anne Rice
reb569 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote