Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2014
2,762 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 06, 2017 at 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessIsMyFriend View Post
There is no sense in giving into the pointless fearmongering about phenomena such as this that is started by uneducated individuals.

No, the world isn't going to end. I guarantee that I will be on PC on Aug 22nd reading this thread with a smile on my face.

People who make such baseless claims that can't even be backed up by actual scientific evidence about how the world is coming to an end over eclipses or whatever else are idiots.

The 2012 crap comes to mind because of how people thought that the world was going to come to an end on Dec 21st 2012, yet look where we are now lol.

I am going to enjoy it personally. I love the night.
This is probably true but I don't think they are uneducated people doing this. They are people who are very interested in prophecy , religious writings, studying the stars and universe. But also you have people who make a lot of money off instilling fear in people about such things. The Survival business is booming, not just because of the eclipse but because they are unsure of security from what is happening in the World. I guess it depends on the person and if they want to survive if something bad happens.

"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady

Thanks for this!
nyc artist, Patagonia, SaharaSon