View Single Post
*Laurie*
Account Suspended

Member Since Jan 2015
5,382 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 11, 2017 at 07:33 PM

Okay, so, my periods were always regular. Then about 2 years ago I started having periods every 3 weeks. (I'm now 54.) My gyn put me on a mini-pill. That regulated my periods. I was on it for a year, but had to stop taking it because my sister had had breast cancer and my gyn didn't want me on the mini-pill for longer than a year due to cancer risk.

Then I had one ovary and my Fallopian tubes removed (benign cyst on ovary).

I had 2 or 3 periods that were light, then no periods at all for 14 months. I didn't know whether or not I was in menopause, because while I wasn't having periods I also wasn't having other menopause symptoms. In fact, I seemed to be ovulating fairly regularly.

All of a sudden, 3 months ago I had a period that was heavy and seemed like the periods I used to have. 6 weeks later, another one. 3 weeks later, another one - and this one was very heavy for the first 2 days.

I have an appointment with my GP on Monday for a pap smear and will, of course, discuss what's going on with her.

I'm wondering if any other women here have had a similar situation - period returning after a year of no period - and, if so, what did your doctor do?
*Laurie* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
88Butterfly88, Anonymous59898, possum220