View Single Post
possum220
Legendary

Member Since Jan 2009
7,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 15, 2017 at 02:25 AM

I can identify with the 'Period Madness' title. None of this is fun Laurie. I was beginning to think that 2017 was the year (not week) of the period. It never really seemed to take a break up until 7 weeks ago now. I had talked to my doctor, who is no gyno, about things and had my blood tested for iron levels.

My iron levels were low and I had and infusion last week. I also had some other blood tests which seemed to indicate a slight change in my thyroid levels. He said I should wait another three months before I have another blood test. Today I fell asleep in the car park again. Wondering if I need a second opinion or what.

This time of life is kind of like when it all starts and you never know what to expect because it has never happened before. And here we go again decades later on the other end and things still not knowing what is normal and what isn't.

It is good that you are being wise and having tests done. I am sorry that you lost your sister and can't talk to her anymore or compare notes about life in general and especially the female side of life.

Will a gyny be doing the surgeries and do you have any indication of how long it will take to get an appointment?

My thoughts are with you.
possum220 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Laurie*, Anonymous59898

Thanks for this!
*Laurie*